Since my blog started in August 2010, I haven't yet been able to participate in reading challenges. I'm excited to announce that I'll be participating in the following challenges:
- Historical Tapestry is hosting the 2011 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge. I've chosen the level Severe Bookaholism which requires me to read 20 historical fiction titles. I read 26 historical novels in 2010 so I feel pretty confident about taking on this level.
- The Book Vixen is hosting the 2011 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge. The goal is to read more books in 2011 than you did in 2010. I read 72 books in 2010 and have chosen the "Getting My Heart Rate Up" level - I'll try to read 1-5 books more than 72. My numbers have crept up every year since finishing grad school and I often procrastinate about starting a new book or switch between books often when I'm in a weird reading mood. If I buckle down, I think I can get this done!
- My Love Affair With Books is hosting the 2011 Wish I'd Read That Challenge. I think I'm going to make this my catch-all for classics I wish I'd read. So far I know that I want to read:
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (I can't believe I've only read one of her books!)
- Either Middlemarch by George Eliot or War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (Realistically, I'm not going to get to both of these).
I'll continue to think about other books that can go in this challenge as there are many, many more classics to be read!
Finally, I want to try to push myself to read more "different" kinds of fiction. For me, this means moving beyond historical fiction and the classics to mysteries (especially Gothic), literary fiction and more popular titles. I did this a bit in 2010 and would like to continue.
There they are - my goals for 2011! Feel free to post your reading goals or links to your goals in the comments below. Happy New Year!
Breakfast Links: Week of February 20, 2017
5 hours ago